The following are job postings in and around Austin:
Director of Facilities Maintenance (Posting Date 9/13/21)
About the Job
Sun City Texas is an active adult community located in Georgetown, Texas. The community offers extensive amenities to its 15,000+ residents including three golf courses, three fitness centers, eight pools, tennis, nature trails, pickleball and much more! In addition to amenities offered by the Community Association, residents can choose from more than 50 clubs and interest groups such as; visual arts, photography, woodworking and gardening. We are currently seeking a full-time Director of Facilities Maintenance. This position oversees and manages all Community Association Facilities maintenance, including but not limited to: Restaurant, Outsourced Contractors, Maintenance, Housekeeping, Public Areas and Energy Management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develops and submits to the Board annual operating and capital budgets based on sound fiscal policy, as outlined by the Board budget direction and member needs.
· Acts as liaison to the Property & Grounds and Wildlife Management Committees.
· Oversees and coordinates housekeeping, wildlife and other maintenance contracts.
· Responds in a courteous manner to residents and employees' questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure satisfaction.
· Is responsible for maintenance of resource management plan which outlines short-term and long-term requirements for repair & maintenance, capital replacement, and capital requirements.
· Recommends operating guidelines for facilities and programs to ensure that the facilities operating level remains consistent with the objectives of the Board of Directors and community.
· Prepares and assists in preparation of professional services agreement and contracts. (RFP’S)
· Designs, directs and implements safety and sanitation program for all facilities in cooperation with Safety Team and to satisfy liability and loss control objectives.
· Establish a personnel management system to include recruiting & hiring, staff training and development, service standards, adverse action plans and payroll management.
Qualifications for this position include:
Degree in business administration, facilities management, or equivalent field preferred. Continuing education and/or related experience in community association management, recreation management a plus. Five years’ experience in managing a community association, recreation or club program including but not limited to three years in a senior management position. Familiarity with operations and facility maintenance related to housekeeping, information technology, energy management, security, and food and beverage highly desirable. Ability to use or learn AutoCAD software, Microsoft Office software, and related business programs. Strong budgeting and financial skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills required. Proven supervisory experience to include but not limited to hiring, training, and employee motivation. Experience in strategic planning and goal-setting a plus. Professional affiliation with IFMA, BOMA, Community Associations Institute, or equivalent highly desirable.
Sun City Texas Community Association (SCTXCA) offers a complete benefit package for full time employees including: medical, dental, vision, short term disability, tuition reimbursement, company paid life insurance and long term disability, EAP and a 401k plan. SCTXCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the confidential contact at SCTXCA.
To see more, please visit the Career Center on IFMA.org.